Wednesday 3 June 2020

Follow Up: Why I Decided to Create This

Well its been awhile, I had honestly forgotten I had even made this, but with a lot of free time on my hands due to this whole corona virus thing, I decided to come back.  At least it only took one year this time instead of three.

So I mentioned previously that it was a podcast with Jordan Peterson that inspired me to do this, but it was more then just that.  He has this website called the self authoring program.  It's a series of long form answer questions they ask with the intent of identify your goals as well as the consequences of continuing on the path you're on without achieving them.  I worked on it for several days straight, putting in a few hours of work until I felt mentally drained and then coming back the next day, and even then I only finished about half of it.  I'd say I got the point of what it was trying to show and it really did help me make big improvements in my life.  Part of me is thinking I should go back and finish it but, the other part of me just wanted to expand on the work I had already done in a more long form, and so here we are.

I still have a few ideas I had started last year and partially finished.  I even have a few new ideas of things that have happened to me and are still continuing today.  I think I might start writing them now while the events are still fresh in my head but I wont post them later until things are fully resolved.

I would like to say things are going well in my life, but I only return here when I'm unhappy with certain things.  Not everything, not even most things, but there are things I need to change and I'm not sure if I will be able to do it.

I'm still not even really sure why I'm doing this.  I still have never shown this to anyone and never really intend to.  Maybe someday but I don't know when or to whom that would be.

Oh I almost forgot, I had been thinking about this post for awhile but didn't really start it until something inspired me.  I actually discovered this youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV8Qe8z3RDLiAV7E0WP7-Fg

I felt a lot of the stories were in a similar tone to mine, but obviously less mundane.  It really puts it into perspective when you see someone with real issues that yours suddenly seem trivial.  Its really hard to reconcile your own feelings when faced with this.  Its also strange when a strangers tragedy bring you your own sense of peace, I wish I could repay them somehow but how do you help a complete stranger really?  I don't think you can really.

No comments:

Post a Comment