Sunday 3 January 2021

My Lessons of 2020

 I met someone new whos really been able to slice through my walls, I thought Id share some lessons they've taught me about myself so I don't forget them.

First, don't set unreasonable expectations of yourself.  I feel like I've been struggling to embrace my feelings for others because I'm worried about the negative ways they'd perceive them in, and its just not a fair assessment of how people feel about me.

Second I've been focusing on the negative influences in my life, the people I don't want to be like become the driving force in my actions.  I should focus on the ways I do want to live, the people I do want to emulate, the positive things I want to do and be.

Third I need to release some of the fear I have about my own insecurities, its okay to be vulnerable in front of people.  I didn't realize until very recently how much I've missed this and how much I need to experience this again.

It sounds pretty simple, but its been a very eye opening experience.  I've felt a lot of growth from it, but that doesn't mean anything if I don't put these new ideas into practice, 2021 will be the year I make real growth towards the things I truly care about, I just needed to remember what those were.

A very special thank you to the empress for bringing me here, no one has ever had such a positive impact in my life, especially considering the short amount of time we've met.




No comments:

Post a Comment